Thursday, January 28, 2010

Yada, yada, yada.

I really envy those who can sit here in front of their computers and just write about how they feel or what the hell they've been doing for the past few days. I feel that any time I try to gather my thoughts into anything somewhat coherent, everything just blends together like some awful smoothie. Ah, whatever.

I miss feeling light-headed in the morning after that initial oh-so-satisfying first drag. It's been almost exactly a month. Except for all the black stuff I've been coughing up, I really don't see good from all this. I kid. I know it was definitely time to quit. 15 years of killing myself slowly. Why would anyone pay to kill themselves with cigarettes? All you have to do is get married, and you can do it for free.

I took my mother to my sister's restaurant for her birthday. The Hil is about 20-25 minutes south of the airport (my sister swears it's only 10-15). So, from Gwinnett, this sucker's about an hour away. So, I'm driving my mother down to the Hil thinking that this car ride is going to be filled with constant nagging about marriage and what not. Let's just say that the conversation on the way to her birthday dinner was interesting. We'll leave it at that. My mother is mad cool. Happy birthday to the most important lady in my life, happy birthday mom.

If you've ever been to the Hil, you'll know that the food is excellent.


Cauliflower Bisque

Pizza topped with grapes and arugula



Mushroom meatloaf with glazed carrots


Trigger fish and cauliflower

I ordered a nice bottle of French pinot. My mother was buzzed off two sips. I drank the rest.

5 comments:

  1. blog more Mike!! :)
    I wish I could've gone to Jen's restaurant when i was there... maybe next time.
    We should go together. I know I'm so full of empty promises but I think we need to make this happen :)
    Happy birthday to your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lies!!! haha, i'm guilty as well with those empty promises. next time, no worries.

    happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm that meatloaf looks fire!! Yummmm can I steal Jen?

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg that looks so good!!!! Happy birthday to your mom! maybe when our moms are super old we can throw them a joint bday bash at the club. haha:] And good for you for cutting out the cigs. hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yo i speedracin' down 85.. riding duuuurty, dropping off big boi in college park on the way- it ONLY takes 15 min, TROOF.

    ReplyDelete