Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Festivus!

The holidays always bring out the worst in me. I guess working in the service industry doesn't help especially when you're working your arse off while everyone is busy shopping, enjoying good food, and being merry. As Christmas draws near, I'm getting ready for the yearly Airing of Grievances and Feats of Strengths tomorrow for the Festivus holiday. I don't have a Festivus pole but I think a baseball bat will suffice. If you don't know what I'm talking about, don't bother... A Festivus for the rest of us! Seinfeld was such an awesome show. What's happened to television? Sad, truly sad...

2008 was awful. 2009 was mediocre. So I'm hoping that 2010 will be the year that I finally grow up and stop wasting my time and money on stupid superficial crap (except shoes, you can never have too many pairs of chucks, nike airmax ltds, and airmax 90s). Shoes keep me going. If anyone sees these kicks anywhere, please let me know. I should have bought them when I had the chance.















30 years old. Technically, I've been pushing 30 for a little while now. My moms has been pushing me more and more over the years to settle down with a nice girl. Many of my friends from church brought over a mail-order bride from the motherland. See, I can't roll like that. Those FOBs are green card hungry. You can see it in their surgically enlarged eyes... I'll settle down eventually, but I'll do it when I'm ready. Right now, I need to focus on me. 30 is the new 20, okay people. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

3 comments:

  1. It's a double standard 30s for guys is still considered young anything 21+ for a girl is ajuma status now at least in Korean society bleh! I can't see u with a surgically enhanced FOB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love shoes too. 30 is the new 20!! 40 is the new 30! etc. i agree. dont rush it'll come when its time. God has a time and place for everything... your moms just wants to see u happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "hey shawwteee, want a greencard?" >>>> worked like a charm during my fob phase. lol festivus yes! bagels no!

    p.s. i can't wait to corrupt yo kids.

    ReplyDelete